Saturday, January 21, 2012

Capstone

This week I was able to attend a week long mock legislature "capstone." We have done the day long one "Stonesetters" but this was the first year that I have been able to do the week long one. I really liked it and I can't wait to go back next year! I learned so much in just four days, it is amazing! The last day(friday) there was an optional public speaking class. I was able to go to that and it was really good, but scary at first!! We had to give five impromptu speeches ranging from 30 secoonds to 3 minutes!
We all had to write and debate our bills among other things. I had to debate mine in comittee and on the house floor. The boys only had to debate them on the house floor(one day isn't enough time!)

The videos won't load but I will try later...

No comments: