Thursday, December 31, 2009
So many things have happened this year. For instance:
1. This year was the first time a horse bucked me off.
2. This year was the year the I started Commonwealth school.
3. This year was the first(or second) year that I've really studied in-depth.
This year was the first year I have had true happiness. Sure there's been days where I thought that "this is the worst day ever." But everyone has those days every once in a while. Right?
I'm just not ready for this year to be over. It seems like just yesterday was new years.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Elder Cook's message was really good. The section on being a saint today was especially good.
"Mary, sweet and tender maiden" (the song) is powerful.
"Why me?" was good. This is a good reminder that Heavenly Father does love us.
This is the poem:
"Quiet as Starlight"
Quiet as starlight
warm as Christmas
welcome as a candle
in the window
guiding me home,
soft as lab's wool,
still as peace,
the spirit speaks to me.
OK, maybe I liked... well, lets just say I liked pretty much all of it. HERE is the link to a list of all of the "stories"
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
My pics aren't loading so I'll try in the morning...
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Devotional(prayer song pledge)
Turn in written reports
Give oral reports( I have my first one next week!!!!!)
5-10 minute break
Discuss our book that we're reading(we just finished John Adams, Reluctant Patriot of the Revolution)
30 minute lunch break
Leave(do errands in Twin)
Oh and it's snowed these past two mornings but it melted by noon.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Here's some pictures of my "New" room:
My dresser and desk
My bed, I love that horse painting above it
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Here are some picture of out life right now, these were taken before we took all of the mattresses and dressers, desk etc. out of the bedrooms.
Monday, September 21, 2009
OK, he can rope better. I've seen him. But that's still really good!!!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
With all the things in the world it is hard to focus on one thing, Choosing what shirt you want to wear, choosing the toothpaste to use, etc. etc. etc!!!! Sometimes we tend to focus on REALLY un-needed things. We tend to think about what's for dinner instead of what we can teach our children, or reading a "brain candy" book instead of thinking about teaching our children to read.
We also tend do spend money on stuff we really DON'T need. *
So today at church(I really don't know how this relates to what is above, but it is what came to my mind:)) someone asked my mom to show him/her how to coupon, this person also said that he/she paid a very high dollar amount for grocery's. So at dinner tonight(well after church at least) mom and I had a discussion about how we can lower our monthly grocery bill(if I was in that type of situation).
Here some of our solutions:
- BEVERAGES: We don't need to have Milk, juice or pop at every meal. It's good to have a gallon or two of milk for cereal. If you drink water 3 meals a day you're not going to loose weight or be unhealthy. Not only is it the healthiest it's also the cheapest.
- SUGAR CEREAL: Not only is it more expensive but it is more addicting from the sugar so you eat more of it and so even if it is on sale it will end up costing the same as the normal price. ALSO, you get hungry Earlier like at 10 am and then you have to have snacks which also costs more money.
- CASE-LOTS so I am assuming that every where else in the US has case-lot sales. ANY WAY!! if you buy all of your canned goods,( including: corn, green beans, tomato paste, soup, tuna.etc.) Mac and Cheese, Toilet Paper, etc. this lowers your monthly payment for those things.
- MEAT: buy your meat from a butcher, auctions, friends, farms or privet dealers. The price per pound is cheaper and tastes SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!
- NAME BRANDS: Ok, if you think about it you don't need Campbell's brand soup for a soup that's going into a casserole!!! Or you don't need Kraft products when you can get cheaper brands that taste the same or even better! Do you need to have RITZ brand crackers or is just plain hytop brand OK?
- DESERT: You don't really need to have desert at every meal, maybe only Mon, wens and Fri you have desert. Or once a week. This can lower your bill also
These are just few was to cut down on your monthly food budget. I was thinking that if you were not doing any of these things and have a bill of $700 a month and then did this for 1 month, after just 1 month your bill could be $100-$200 less then the previous month. Who know, it could be less!
* Please remember that this is not to cause offence or to be rude. This list is merely a list of suggestions.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Last night Aunt Joan and Uncle Howard(great Uncles and Aunts) came and hung out for a while.
Last night dad asked me when the last time I posted was and I told him the 29th of July, he was like HOLY COW! So today when he walked into the kitchen and saw me blogging he was like Hallelujah! It was funny!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
- Fair is over! The horse show was very interesting! So this is what happened: The day started out great! I got FIRST in showmanship for my age division. Then I went into the final round with all the winners of all the age groups and when I was trotting away from the Judge,(remember that I was not riding Mater) he reared! And so I didn't do so good in the final round. So then I went to saddle him, that was fine then I went to warm him up. That wasn't so good. April and I went together and we went behind the stands and to make a long story short: Mater bucked me off. I landed on large pieced gravel. And well I'm fine. I got 7 in the following event and second in the event after that. Then we left I started to get sick and so we left.
- The Junior Rodeo was SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun! I loved the time I got on poles and I beat my goal by 3 seconds!!
Have any of you noticed the rain???
I might post some pictures of fair soon...but you never know! If I don't post them look on my Mom's blog, she's always so up to date!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Does anyone have a record of our meetings? Books are due on Fri. and I don't have any of that info! I have EVERYTHING else except that!!!
Quick! Help me fast!!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Sunday, July 5, 2009
I hope all of you had a great 4th of July! We had a great bar-b-que. And we had some good Fireworks! Thanks AJ and Uncle Don!
I'm so grateful for this Country in which we live in.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
- Barrel racing :)
- Pole bending :)
- Rawhide race!!!
It will be so much fun, and Jared is doing:
- Calf riding!!
He will do so good. Now all of you may be wondering if I have a time gaol, right? Well I do, for barrels, 20 sec. (I think I can do it is 15...I think) and poles: 40 sec. (I had a 42. something last year!!) I can't wait...wish me luck!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
- Outlaw Days is on Saturday!!!!!! I'm really excited for it. I'm running Barrels and Poles again! This will be my FIRST RODEO on Kristi(some of you may know her by Bailey). Last time I practiced(Wenseday) we were going so fast I thought that she was bucking!!!!
- We've hit the Summer mode of school. We've been listening to Spanish, and we have been doing science experiments. Just how my mom outlined.
- I am working in the nursery tonight!(for enrichment) It's kind of been a long procces. I think it will be fun though!
There is a few other things. I just can't think of them...