Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday in MA


Today we started the day by going to the BEAUTIFUL Boston temple to do baptisms




 It's a looooooooong way up!


Sometime while they were waiting for us somebody got ahold of the camera!



Sweet rental eh? that screen is touch and everything!



They are very proud of their new spyglasses that they got at Plimoth Plantation...


After we were done at the temple we went to Lexington and Concord. We went straight to Lexington and Concord right after the temple and we brought clothes and just changed after, well...I forgot my shoes and so I had to wear my church shoes all day without socks, so now I have several blisters because unfortunately we did end up walking quite a bit. It's not a god idea, ALWAYS BRING SHOES!!!


this is Paul Revere's capture site of the 'midnight ride of Paul Revere'

I may have gotten these confused but i'm pretty sure that this is Emerson's house, or it could be Nathaniel Hawthorne's?

I know for sure that this is Louisa May Alcott's house,

I'm pretty sure that this is Nathaniel Hawthorne's house, but it could have been Emerson or Thoreau's?


After we looked at the houses we went up to where all of them are buried

Thoreau...

Nathaniel Hawthorne...


Louisa May Alcott...


And Emerson, his is the most uniquw I think!...



We then made our way up to Walden Pond, that thing is not a pond! IT IS A LAKE!!!!

And we decided to jike the 1/2 mile up to the site of Thoreau's original cabin...not a good idea to do in church shoes!


It just showed where it used to be,

a sign near the old house that reads:


Tomorrow we're off to church by the temple and then I think we are going to drive around Cape Cod, it should be interesting!

1 comment:

St Harris said...

Trying not to be jealous...just happy for you. Can't wait for you to get back though, sheez, we are missing you, and your house is getting bigger.